iStudent Academy – Career Administrator, Durban Campus
Description of Position
Employee’s main responsibility will be to fulfill and oversee smooth running of general administrative roles on Campus. This will include Student academic maintenance, data capturing, enrolled students monitoring, documentation delivery to learners and other responsibilities allocated by the Academic or Branch Manager or the Employee him/herself.
The Employee must conduct weekly Administrative checks, and will be responsible for the correction of errors, and ensuring all Policies and Procedures are followed correctly. Employee must ensure campus is in order upon bi-annual Moderation checks done by the Academic Head of the Institution.
The employee will further be required to assist in the marketing and selling of the brand of iStudent Academy, and proudly promote us as a Microsoft Learning Partner and Private College, to Matriculated students and any other interested clientele, at Career Exhibitions and schools around KZN as a representative of iStudent Academy, and earn commission per learner enrolled as per agreement, when needed.
Some exhibitions and responsibilities require the employee to work after hours (ie: at night, some weekends).
The Career Administrator will be expected to work as a Team with the Career Advisor, and any future Career Advisors. The Career Advisor will report to the Branch Manager and Academic Director.
Key Responsibilities – Marketing Related
- Travelling to Career Exhibitions and speaking to potential students about our courses and what we offer when required.
- Assisting Career Advisor in booking school visits
- Ensuring and assisting in Developing beneficial relationships with teachers and parents
- Gathering a Database at Exhibitions & Capturing the database when required
- Following up with potential students via CRM Database
- Getting students to register for our courses. This will be target driven and commission based.
- Making personal appointments for themselves and on behald of the Career Advisor, with students and parents.
- Ensuring students are aware of payments processes etc
- Assisting in the Planning of marketing and events – Open Days, Advertising, SMS, Mail Drops etc – proposals must be sent to management and must be approved
- Assisting in the Planning of Any Design briefs for posters, artwork etc sent to management in advance of date needed eg: before an event etc
- Assisting in Ensuring marketing material is readily available and up to date – printed on hand for walk in clients
- Enhancing the brand of iStudent Academy positively anywhere possible – attending socials and events relevant to college and represent us Eg: CAO meetings, LANS, Shopping Malls, Expo’s
Key Responsibilities – Admin Related
- Maintaining the campus student & academic record control and creating a fun and positive learning environment on campus
- Assisting in and maintaining the capturing of registered students onto spreadsheets etc
- Allocating tasks to Advisor when assistance is needed
- Ensuring Campus Administrative tasks are being correctly and timeously fulfilled.
- Undertaking to assist on other allocated tasks to the Department as a whole
- Engaging with the Lecturers and Assessors to ensure timeous delivery of allocated tasks, and addressing issues where necessary by escalating to management
- Ensuring compliance at bi-annual External Moderation checks done by the Academic Head of the Institution.
- Providing comment and feedback on Quality Management Systems Review
- Ensuring fair and valid assessment practices are taking place and adequate feedback is being provided to learners
- Assisting assessors in guiding and supporting at risk learners
- Managing and recording Disciplinary cases as per the disciplinary policy
- Communicating and meeting with Parents / Guardians where necessary
- Ensuring and engaging in the processes required for successful Portfolio of evidence submissions and learner evidence evaluation by a third party
- Drivers License
- Friendly, fun, confident, bubbly personality, not afraid to speak to new people and parents of students
- Professional communication and language skills
- Excellent telephonic skills
- Fully Computer Literate – professional email writing skills
- Strong Organizational skills
- Diligent, Fast Learner
- Strong admin skills
- Some sales experience an advantage (Promotions etc)